| Safe to use as a short-term or
long-term daily dietary supplement, |
alternative medicine for most dogs and cats.
In this article - Aloe Vera Juice
1. Health Benefits
4. Side Effects
5. Drug Interactions
6. Daily Dietary Dosage
1. Benefits – a partial list…
- Digestive Health
- Aloe Vera contains nutrient compounds that help in the healing and soothing of:
- The digestive tract...
- Helps enable healing and repair of ulcers in both the stomach and the intestines;
- Decreases inflammation resulting from:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), and;
- Other inflammatory GI tract conditions;
- Treating side effects of some radiation treatments.
- Immune System Health
- Aloe vera has properties that are:
- Aloe vera is a natural detox aid that helps the body to eliminate toxins and foreign pathogens.
- Heart Benefits
- Improves blood circulation throughout the body;
- Can help to reduce fat in cases of bad high levels of bad cholesterol – reducing fatty deposits and blood clots, found to have the most efficacy in cases with diabetes;
For daily use as a supplement with food:
- Add to food once a day;
- Small size dogs and cats - 1 tbs;
- Medium size dogs - 1/8 cup
- Large size dogs - 1/4 cup
- X-Large dogs - 1/3 to 1/2 cup
- Use only 100% pure food grade Aloe Vera Juice intended for internal consumption by humans;
- Do not give to pregnant or lactating dog or cats;
- Do not give to puppies 6 months of age or younger;
- Do not use aloe latex as an ingested treatment for dogs or cats.
4. Side effects…
- In rare cases a dog or cat may heightened sensitivity to aloe, in which case aloe vera juice can cause diarrhea – stop use if your dog or cat gets diarrhea from ingesting aloe vera juice.
- Remove aloe vera juice from the diet two weeks prior to a scheduled surgery as its presence could interfere with blood sugar control during surgery.
5. Drug Interactions…
- May increase blood sugar lowering effects of some diabetes medications – extra monitoring of blood sugar levels should be undertaken and adjustment of medications may be required;
- May cause potassium loss if taken with diuretics for heart conditions;
- Aloe interacts with:
- Anti-diabetic drugs;
- Blood thinners;
- Some stimulant laxatives (i.e. digoxin).
6.0 Holistic Support
Additional Assistance - Holistic Health and Wellness Service
Diet, Nutrition Wellness Services
- Unbiased Diet, Nutrition, Product Advice - information and payment here >>.
- Holistic Diet, Nutrition Wellness Plans - information and payment here >>.
- In-Person sessions - information and payment here >>.
- On-Line consultation and sessions - information and payment here >>.