This natural herbal cough syrup recipe is made with ingredients most dogs love. If your dog has a cough due to a viral infection such as a doggie cold or flu, this cough syrup recipe can help sooth your dog’s cough, and help fight the virus, without the side effects of, and toxins in conventional drugs!
Your Will Need
- Coconut oil – use organic liquid coconut oil, not solid coconut oil.
- Lemon juice, fresh squeezed from real lemons.
- Honey - 100% pure, natural raw unpasteurized honey.
- You can use wild flower honey, buckwheat honey, Manuka or another active honey, or an herbal honey.
- If you are making this recipe for a dog that is under 12 months of age, use pharmaceutical honey, not raw honey.
- Optional ingredients:
- Echinacea tincture, organic.
- Propolis tincture.
- If your dog is allergic to bees, leave the propolis out of the recipe.
- Turmeric powder.
- Slippery elm bark powder, organic.
- Mixing bowl
- Glass jar
- Mix the following ingredients together in a glass, porcelain, or earthenware mixing bowl
- You can double, triple, quadruple the recipe.
- 2 tbs organic coconut oil
- 3 tbs 100% pure lemon juice
- 4 tbs raw unpasteurized honey
- 1 tsp slippery elm bark powder.
- 10 drops Echinacea tincture.
- 10 drops propolis tincture.
- For a dry cough you can add:
- 1 tsp or organic turmeric powder, or 1” of fresh very finely minced organic turmeric root.
- You can give the cough syrup to your dog 1 times, up to 4 times per day as required.
- Small Dogs – 1/8 tsp, up to ¼ tsp per dose.
- Medium dogs – ¼ tsp, to ½ tsp per dose.
- Large Dogs – ½ tsp, up to 1 tsp per dose.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- If your dog has health conditions, or is on conventional drugs, make sure you check herb, and other natural ingredient interactions and contradictions.
Holistic Health and Wellness
- If you require additional support and guidance, contact me to discuss your requirements. I will determine the appropriate course of action for your situation, and I will provide you with a quotation for cost of services.
- I offer holistic services to clients located around the world.
Holistic Dog Training Services
- Obedience Training
- Behavior Modification
- Psychological Rehabilitation
- In-person sessions
- Phone sessions
- Skype Sessions
Holistic Diet Nutrition Wellness Services
- Unbiased advice regarding Diet, Nutrition, Wellness, Food, Supplementation, etc. - for more information go here>>.
- Holistic Diet Nutrition Wellness Plans - for more information go here>>.
Please note - I do NOT sell food or supplements. I am not aligned with any companies. I do this so that I can remain 100% objective in selecting, recommending and prescribing the best solutions for my individual clients' situation.